Get PPEs into the market: conformity and regulatory challenges [webinar]
Our first webinar in a series of interactive online events focused on the Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) conformity and regulatory compliance.
After an introduction by Ana Ribeiro from SmartX partner Citeve, event participants heard two expert presentations:
- Henk Vanhoutte (Secretary General of the European Safety Federation) addressed the essential steps in the EU conformity assessment of innovative PPEs.
- Guido Van Duren (Director, Regulatory Affairs EMEA at Ansell) shared the main challenges for the industry in terms of the assessment of PPE compliance.
Henk Vanhoutte is the secretary general of the European Safety Federation, the organisation representing PPE suppliers on the European level. He has been involved in the PPE sector for over 25 years. He supports several initiatives on innovative PPE, as well as the legislative, conformity assessment, and standardisation aspects.
Guido van Duren is the director of Regulatory affairs of Ansell, a world-leading manufacturer of protective and medical gloves as well as chemical garments. With 30 years of experience in the PPE world, he is also active in various European and national PPE associations, serving as President-Elect of the European Safety Federation and President of the Belgian PPE Federation, Febelsafe. He is also very active as an expert member in the PPE standardization activities such as CEN/TC162/WG8 on hand protection, IEC-CENELEC/TC78/WG15 on electricians’ gloves and within ISO TC94 SC13 WG8 on hand protection.
PLEASE NOTE: This exclusive webinar was intended for SmartX Community members only.
To access future webinars and connect with our members, sign up for free and fill out your profile.
ONLINE MEETING ETIQUETTE
Online meetings are a powerful tool, and we would like to take advantage of all the features available to us. For this reason, we are sharing a list of simple rules for everyone to follow, which will help make this event efficient, productive, and successful.
- Join the call before the official hour. For larger or formal meetings, join the call at least 5-10 minutes before.
- Mute your mic when joining the call. Sound quality of the call is always better when participants mute their microphones, unless they are speaking. Unmute your microphone only when the moderator has invited you to speak. Please listen carefully in order to identify the right moment to speak. If it is your turn to speak, please avoid background noise.
- Be respectful and patient. Please respect the speakers and meeting organisers during the meeting. The success of online meetings depends on everyone’s collaboration and flexibility.
Thank you for taking the time to read the list, we hope it was helpful. We very much look forward to our online meeting! If you have any questions, please contact meeting organisers at and we will be glad to asssist you.