Digital SmartX Workshop (in German)
Our online workshop about the SmartX programme and the upcoming third/final call for funding took place on November 4 and was organized by our German partners, Steinbeis-Europa-Zentrum and DITF.
In the first funding call from SmartX Europe, nine projects out of 34 applications were approved and have already been initiated. A total of 16 European companies, five of them German, are active in these projects. In the second funding round, over 80 expressions of interest were received, of which 26 applications are currently being assessed. This will result in between 8 and 13 projects. The third and finall call for SmartX funding is set to open in November.
This digital workshop in German focused on smart textiles and featured:
[Informationen auf Deutsch]
- Lectures from applied research on smart textiles / e-textiles from the point of view of fiber-based materials and textiles;
- Successful SmartX and industrial examples, aiming to show the current state of the industry and inspire future possibilities, especially for funding through SmartX Europe.
- Welcome address, Lutz Walter, ETP Fibers Textile Clothing
- Roland Zemp, Sensomative (CH), “Textile pressure measurement & feedback system for wheelchair users”
- Michael Schmid, José Näf, Seamless (CH), “Textile ECG Solution for long-term monitoring”
- Florian Janek, Hahn-Schickard, “Assembly and connection techniques for innovative wound dressings for blue light therapy”
- Dr. Michael Haupt, DITF Denkendorf, “Smart Clothing of the Future: Wearables and E-Textiles – Product Examples”
Not a SmartX member? Join today.