Recap: SmartX Regional Event Sweden
On March 17, 2022, our Swedish programme partner Smart Textiles by Science Park Borås hosted an online dissemination event, featuring two SmartX programme winners and expert presentations on smart textile innovations.
In total, there were 38 participants from both the Academy and companies operating in several industry sectors, such as textile, health care, and automotive. The event revealed a wealth of inspiring content and great results from the showcased projects.
The event also gave an insight into what is happening on the national arena of smart textiles, including research characterized by cross-border collaboration between different disciplines, with a clear goal of developing new generations of smart textile products to benefit the society.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, intitial plans for an in-person event in Stockholm had to be replaced with an online event. The idea then was to create a TV programme atmosphere.
The speakers and topics included:
- Judith Bosch, Textile ETP, SmartX – European Smart Textiles Accelerator
- Moses Shahrivar, Mo’Cycle, Motorcycle Airbag Jeans
- Nils-Krister Persson, Smart Textiles/The Swedish School of Textiles, Taking it one step further – Recent progress on Smart Textiles
- Przemek Grzywa, Revolve Healthcare, KITT: Wearable Motion Tracker
- Dieter Stellmach and Heiko Matheis, DITF, Smart X – Influence of the smart textile market evolution on the value chain map
- Emma Linder, Bioservo Technologies, Protected and empowered by a glove – Active textile hand exoskeletons for work and home
- Alberto Ramos Serrano, Wergonic, Sustainability aspects in small series prototyping of sensorized smart garments in bootstrapping business development
- Susanne Nejderås, Smart Textile, Smart Textiles at Science Park Borås.
Read the full recap: Innovation and smart textiles move forward as EU projects wrap up.